[GE users] Array jobs have priority?

Fri Mar 30 05:02:38 BST 2007

Terri,

I missed the "array job" part in my previous answer.  To answer the
specific question you asked, an array job is treated as a single job for
the purposes of tickets.  Every task of the array job effectively gets
the same number of tickets.  (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.)
That means that the functional ticket policy would have the same
problem.  I think the answer for you is specifically to set up a wait
time policy.  That way, if a priority user blocks the system with a very
large array job, other users' jobs will still have a chance to run.

Daniel