[GE users] Qmaster memory use

Heywood, Todd heywood at cshl.edu
Wed May 2 15:53:59 BST 2007

We had a large number of jobs kicked off which of course drove up
sge_qmaster's memory use. However, as the jobs transit from qw to running to
finishing, sge_qmaster's memory usage isn't going down (according to top and
/proc/meminfo).

I saw a reference to a memory leak in the archives, which was supposed to be
fixed for 6.0u8. We are running 6.0u8, and it is not possible to upgrade
right at this moment.

Any susggestions? Why isn't the memory usage going down as jobs finish? Can
I stop and restart sge_qmaster and sge_schedd without disturbing
running/queued jobs?

Thanks,

Todd