[GE users] Qmaster memory use

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed May 2 15:58:42 BST 2007

Heywood, Todd wrote:
> We had a large number of jobs kicked off which of course drove up
> sge_qmaster's memory use. However, as the jobs transit from qw to running to
> finishing, sge_qmaster's memory usage isn't going down (according to top and
> /proc/meminfo).

If I recall correctly, we saw some behaviour like that in an early 6.0
version (u2 or thereabouts). The fix was to change the
scheduling_interval upwards. This helped till the SGE version was upgraded.
I may be talking total nonsense, but it your system is having lots of
jobs submitted try qconf -msconf and make the interval a bit longer.