[GE users] problem in Running a Job and qmon

Andre Alefeld Andre.Alefeld at Sun.COM
Thu May 3 08:58:36 BST 2007

thamizhannalme at tce.edu wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a grid master host. I submitted the job using qsub simpla.sh. After
> that I got a message "Your job ("simple.sh") has been submitted
> successfully".
>
> [1] How can I see the output files. In my \home folder I checked there is
> no output file. Where the output files are available?

If the job did not run there will be no output otherwise
$HOME/simple.sh.o<jobid>
> [2] If I ran the qstat command, In the result under queue field there is
> no queue name is available? Before running a job is it necessary to add
> the queue instant. If so means tell me how to do?

Usually during execd installation a queue is added. (or qconf -aq )
> [2] qmon command is not working in my system.I installed sge_qmaster and
> sge_execd daemons in my system.Also I installed Openmotif.rpm file too. If
> i ran qmon i am geting this error.
>
> linux:/opt/n1ge6/examples/jobs # qmon
> qmon: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.2: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> linux:/opt/n1ge6/examples/jobs #

see Issue 1332 for installing libXm.so.2
> kindly help me to fix the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Thamizh P

Andre Alefeld                Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-255
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: andre.alefeld at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid