[GE users] upgrade or not...

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Thu May 3 16:02:37 BST 2007

Alejandro,

feedback from our Grid Engine 6.1 Beta users was very positive on Resource
Quotas (RQs). It gives you a lot of flexibility to fence in your power users
or projects on tight resources (your greatest and latest machines, software
licenses etc.).

Compatibility with Grid Engine 6.0 is quite high - you as admin and your
users will will little notice from output formats about the change.  Justthe
qquota(1) command is new and needs to be understood when RQs are configured.

Just the "qstat" default output has changed: By default it will only show
jobs from users who run the qstat command. By adding "-u *" to
<sge_root>/<cell>/default/sge_qstat all users get the 6.0 default behavior.

Andy