[GE users] SGE for x86_64

FL lengyel at gmail.com
Tue May 8 04:53:46 BST 2007

On 5/3/07, FL <lengyel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/3/07, Daniel Sánchez Pedre?o <sanatox at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Fedora Core 6 (64 bits)
> >
> > On 5/3/07, Ron Chen <ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com > wrote:
> > >
> > > That's Okay. But do you remember the Fedora Core version?
> > >
> > > -Ron

> I should have mentioned the system I'm using: an E6600 core Duo
> on an intel  975 chipset motherboard, running RHEL 5. Will try the
> AMD64 binaries (I have to check which one) and let the list know
> if it works.

The sge-6.0u10-amd64  binaries don't work

sge_execd returns the error message

Checking hostname resolving
---------------------------

Cannot contact qmaster. The command failed:

   ./bin/lx24-amd64/qconf -sh

The error message was:

   error: can't unpack gdi request
error: error unpacking gdi request: bad argument
ERROR: failed receiving gdi request

You can fix the problem now or abort the installation  procedure.
The problem can be:

   - the qmaster is not running
   - the qmaster host is down
   - an active firewall blocks your request

Contact qmaster again (y/n) ('n' will abort) [y] >>

Incidentally, I wrote an expect script to automate the installation