[GE users] change arch in configuration

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Tue May 8 10:14:12 BST 2007

Davide,

see the <sge-root>/util/arch script - on a 2.6 kernel it checkes if there
are binaries for $SGE_ROOT/bin/lx26-${lxmachine} installed - if yes it will
use the mfrom that directory, if not it will use the binaries from
$SGE_ROOT/bin/lx24-${lxmachine}.

We didn't compile Grid Engine on Linux AXP since a very, very long time -
what version are you compiling on your Alpha kernel: 6.0 or 6.1? It is
possible that not everyting will compile and run out of the box.

Andy