[GE users] change arch in configuration

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Tue May 8 10:55:07 BST 2007

> As I understood from a previous post, the util/arch script pick the
> good binary but the arch returned to qmaster is hardcoded *in* the
> binary.

For simple solution, you can pickup the real arch and send it via a
loadsensor (assume that you already have some running).

UQHOST=$(echo $HOST | cut -f1 -d.)

#
# the real (not compiled in) architecture
#
os_arch=`$SGE_ROOT/util/arch`

host_info()
{
   echo "$UQHOST:arch:$os_arch"
}

while :
do
   read input || exit 1         # wait for input
   [ "$input" = quit ] && exit 0

   echo begin                   # begin load report
   host_info                    # host information
   echo end                     # end load report

done
exit 0                  # we never get here, but just in case

This lets you use the lowest common denominator for the binaries, and use
the load report for the real values.

Setting the arch complex directly in the exec host config instead should
probably work too.

/mark
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or
information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc.,
its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of
its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality
agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent
responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message
from your computer.