[GE users] Problem configuring cluster queues sharing machines

Gon?alo Borges goncalo at lip.pt
Tue May 8 19:17:02 BST 2007

Hi *,

I'm currently using SGE 60u7_1 and I'm having troubles setting the
following feature:

- Suppose I have two machines with two slots each giving a total of 4
slots to the end users.
- Suppose these two machines are shared by two different cluster queues.
- I would like to set a scenario that, when queue A is using one of the
machine slots, queue B can only access the remaining 3 slots.

This is not happening at current time. Looking to qmon, I see that if
queue A is using one slot, I get:
machine1 at queueA 1/2
but queueB shows me:
machine1 at queueB 0/2

Is there a simple way to set such kind of feature?

Thanks in Advance
Cheers
Goncalo