[GE users] Allowing user jobs to take over entire nodes in a mixed cluster node environment

Yogesh Bhanu yogesh at gsf.de
Fri May 11 09:57:05 BST 2007

Hi ,

      I am using Grid Engine 6.0u8 on my opteron cluster.
 I have a cluster queue which is a good mix of Dual Opterons (2 CPUs) and
Dual Core opterons (4 CPUs). I have made host groups with slots=2 and slots
=4 and combined them in one cluster queue .

Recently we are getting jobs which are threaded and I would like to bind
these jobs to one node .
I have looked into Seans solutions of specifying a consumable, which works
quite well If I have a only one type of nodes.
My question
How do I acheive same in a dynamic way in a mixed cluster node environment.

Thanks
yogesh