[GE users] Re: Script for deleting TMP local folders

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri May 11 12:09:50 BST 2007

Am 11.05.2007 um 12:25 schrieb Daniel Ruiz Molina:

> I have modified parallel environment "empty" as you said me
> ($pe_slots = $round_robin). However, now, If I submit a task with
> "qsub -t 1-8 -pe empty 8 script.sh", my script not run on each
> machine (wich 1 slot per machine)...

Fine.

> Why?

Is there any reason to specify also -t 1-8? These two requests (with -
pe) are not related to each other, so you should see 8 jobs running
(possibly one after the other or also at the same time), requesting 8
CPus each.

And of course: SGE will only reserve the slots for you. You would
need a parallel mechanism to start a task on each of the granted
nodes. Like a loop in your jobscript walking through the generated
machinefile and issue a "qrsh -inherit ..." to each node.