[GE users] A question regarding Sun Grid Engine and N1 Grid Engine Windows 64-bit support

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Fri May 11 15:35:21 BST 2007

Hi,

Sun Grid Engine does not yet run on Windows 64-bit.

The SFU installation on Windows XP 64-bit failed (it should work but it did
not work in our environment).

It's on our todo list to make Grid Engine running on 64-bit Windows, Vista
and Windows Server 2003R2.

As you may remember we last year announced to open source the Windows port
as well - I can't yet tell a definitive date yet, but it won't take too long
until we open source the code.

Andy