RE : [GE users] qmaster blow-up

GARDAIS Ionel Ionel.Gardais at tech-advantage.com
Fri May 11 16:54:00 BST 2007

Andy,

Sure, netbeans could be a good choice as an IDE.
However this is not the same 'eclipse' as the one you think about. (actually, that's the Eclipse Simulator from Schlumberger, a petroleum software)

I am able to reproduce the crash.
To do so, I just add a second 'limit' line to the first one. (It works flawlessly with an unique limit line)

Just making 'qconf -mrqs eclipse' and quitting *without* saving cause qmaster to crash.
Note that when I change something in the file and save, the qmaster crashes *but* the modification is accepted. ('qconf -srqs' shows the modified version of the resource quota)

Qmaster is running RedHat 3 (Update 4 or 5); kernel 2.4.
Hardware is a dual-opteron 2.2GHz with 4Gb RAM.
Administrative host from which I initiate the modification is running RedHat 4 update 4; kernel 2.6.
I've cheated the SGE bin/lib/utilbin directories with a symlink from lx24-amd64/ to lx26-amd64/ (so 2.6 can use SGE without compiling SGE from sources)

If you need more infos, just ask.

Ionel