RE : [GE users] qmaster blow-up

Fri May 11 20:08:22 BST 2007

Hi Ionel,

well, if it is reproducable, that is good news! ;-)

Please try to run qmaster under gdb(1). You can do this
by running

    # setenv SGE_ND
    # gdb $SGE_ROOT/bin/lx24-amd64/sge_qmaster

note, the SGE_ND (=no deamonize) must be set to prevent qmaster from
daemonizing. Since the crash occurs during configuration change,
you will most probably not need to start sge_schedd.

Regards,
Andreas

On Fri, 11 May 2007, GARDAIS Ionel wrote:

> Andy,
>
> Sure, netbeans could be a good choice as an IDE.
> However this is not the same 'eclipse' as the one you think about. (actually, that's the Eclipse Simulator from Schlumberger, a petroleum software)
>
> I am able to reproduce the crash.
> To do so, I just add a second 'limit' line to the first one. (It works flawlessly with an unique limit line)
>
> Just making 'qconf -mrqs eclipse' and quitting *without* saving cause qmaster to crash.
> Note that when I change something in the file and save, the qmaster crashes *but* the modification is accepted. ('qconf -srqs' shows the modified version of the resource quota)
>
> Qmaster is running RedHat 3 (Update 4 or 5); kernel 2.4.
> Hardware is a dual-opteron 2.2GHz with 4Gb RAM.
> Administrative host from which I initiate the modification is running RedHat 4 update 4; kernel 2.6.
> I've cheated the SGE bin/lib/utilbin directories with a symlink from lx24-amd64/ to lx26-amd64/ (so 2.6 can use SGE without compiling SGE from sources)
>
> If you need more infos, just ask.
>
> Ionel

http://gridengine.info/

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]