[GE users] SGE v6.1 resource quotas..

Tue May 15 11:36:29 BST 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Alejandro Soriano wrote:

>  Hi all.
>
>  I have installed SGE v6.1 and resource quotas configured. My inital
> idea was to limit the number of jobs that a given user is able to run
> in a cluster queue. I wrote de resource quota in this way:
>
> {
>  name         max_slots_por_user_gran
>  description  "slots de la cola gran/user"
>  enabled      TRUE
>  limit        users * queues gran to slots=5
> }
>
>   The queue "gran" (big in valencian) has 27 slots and I want to
> limit to 5 the jobs that each user can run. In the cluster there are
> other queues. The result of the resource quota was that the queue gran
> only run 5 jobs IN TOTAL, not per user.
>
>   So my question is: there is any way to limit to users the number
> of slots in a queue?. I thinck that if I put one user instead of * it
> will run, but I have a lot of users!!!

You can use {*} to enforce a 5 slot quota limit /separately for each
user/ in 'gran' queue

   limit        users {*} queues gran to slots=5

note you can even specify higher/lower limits for exceptional users

   limit        users asorian queues gran to slots=8
   limit        users {*} queues gran to slots=5

the first rule matches to user 'asorian' only. Any other
user gets the 5 slot limit.

Regards,
Andreas