[GE users] Mac X and 6.1 ?

Barry McInnes Barry.J.Mcinnes at noaa.gov
Tue May 15 20:05:46 BST 2007

On 5/15/07 12:14 PM, Rayson Ho wrote:
> On 5/15/07, Barry McInnes <Barry.J.Mcinnes at noaa.gov> wrote:
>> I have 6.0u8 and tried the following
>> 1. tar 6.1 binary and starting SGE, gave gdi errors.
>
> Mixing 6.0 and 6.1 would give you GDI errors...
>
>> 2. using Sun upgrade doc, using ./inst_sge -upd, the install
>> script crashed, and startup failed to start sge_qmaster process.
>
> Where exactly did it crash??

Unfortunately I lost the screen output, but I entered the default
entries, past DB questions, then it started to convert config files, it
listed a few lines, then exited the update script with a bunch of cannot
errors .

I tried to do the upd from the same directory. My guess is they are
supposed to stay separate ? Its probably trying to install over itself ?
Initially I followed the upgrade doc, and I tried
./inst_sge -upd
which just gave the help script listing, then
./inst_sge -upd SGE_ROOT DEFAULT
which ran, but is for 5 to 6 updates ?

Do the 6.0 and the 6.1 have to be in separate directories ? The Upgrade
doc says to install the 6.1 binaries into the SGE_ROOT directory, which
is what I did ?

Unfortunately I had to fall back to 6.0, and there are jobs running now.
I will setup another Mac and see if I can get more details.

thanks

> Rayson
>

>> thanks barry

- --