[GE users] Mac X and 6.1 ?

Barry McInnes Barry.J.Mcinnes at noaa.gov
Wed May 16 15:59:03 BST 2007

The following seems to work on a test server -
Install tar the 6.1 binaries and common files into existing SGE_ROOT.
./inst_sge -upd
after default answers to questions
Creating <sgemaster> script
Creating <sgeexecd> script
Creating settings for file for .profile/.cshrc

Your update was successful.

The Sun docs do not say to install the common files.
I will have to wait for existing jobs to finish and install and restart
the cluster....

On 5/15/07 12:14 PM, Rayson Ho wrote:
> On 5/15/07, Barry McInnes <Barry.J.Mcinnes at noaa.gov> wrote:
>> I have 6.0u8 and tried the following
>> 1. tar 6.1 binary and starting SGE, gave gdi errors.
>
> Mixing 6.0 and 6.1 would give you GDI errors...
>
>> 2. using Sun upgrade doc, using ./inst_sge -upd, the install
>> script crashed, and startup failed to start sge_qmaster process.
>
> Where exactly did it crash??
>
> Rayson
>

>> thanks barry

- --