[GE users] -sync y with DRMAA

Wed May 16 19:23:39 BST 2007

Jeff,

-sync is one of the options that is denied by DRMAA.  Synchronization
must be done explicitly with either wait() or synchronize().  The error
message sounds like a bug, though.  The design of DRMAA is that is
silently removes disallowed options.  The reason for the error is that
the -sync option is localized to qsub; the qmaster doesn't know anything
about it.  qsub translates it into a wait() call.  It's a flaw that
DRMAA allowed the -sync option to be passed to the qmaster.  I'll look
into it and file a bug.

Daniel

Jeff White wrote:
> When I submit a job with "-sync y" in the native specification of a
> JobTemplate I get
>
> org.ggf.drmaa.DeniedByDrmException: Unknown option -sync y
>
> Am I correct in assuming this option doesn't work with DRMAA and I
> must use the synchronize() method instead? In my case I have a
> separate thread that uses wait(JOB_IDS_SESSION_ANY) to process
> completed jobs. It may be convenient to have runJob() be able to be
> synchronous itself. I'm guessing this is not feasible.
>
> thanks,
> jeff

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]