[GE users] qrsh -V

SLIM H.A. h.a.slim at durham.ac.uk
Fri May 18 09:50:12 BST 2007

I used the howto to set up pvm for loose integration. I am using a
command like

qsub -q devmyri.q -pe pvm 2 tester_loose.csh

for batch jobs. In the tester_loose.csh script I added lines like

setenv PVM_PATH `pwd`

#$ -v PVM_PATH

as suggested by past emails about pvm. This works indeed, pvm finds the
exe in the correct directory.
The user program actually has to work in interactive mode, so I want to
allocte slots on the cluster within sge where the user can start the pvm
console. Again this works but it would be nice if the PVM_PATH variable
would be available.

As an aside, the user could always be cheeky and once in the pvm console
add additional nodes, bypassing sge, there is no way to prevent this I
assume?

Henk