[GE users] qrsh -V

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri May 18 10:37:24 BST 2007

Am 18.05.2007 um 10:50 schrieb SLIM H.A.:

> I used the howto to set up pvm for loose integration. I am using a
> command like
>
> qsub -q devmyri.q -pe pvm 2 tester_loose.csh
>
> for batch jobs. In the tester_loose.csh script I added lines like
>
> setenv PVM_PATH `pwd`
>
> #$ -v PVM_PATH

Would something like:

qrsh -q devmyri.q -pe pvm 2 "export PVM_PATH=$PVM_PATH; my_pvm_prog"

work for you?

> as suggested by past emails about pvm. This works indeed, pvm finds
> the
> exe in the correct directory.
> The user program actually has to work in interactive mode, so I
> want to
> allocte slots on the cluster within sge where the user can start
> the pvm
> console. Again this works but it would be nice if the PVM_PATH
> variable
> would be available.
>
> As an aside, the user could always be cheeky and once in the pvm
> console
> add additional nodes, bypassing sge, there is no way to prevent this I
> assume?

If you disable rsh/ssh in the cluster, and force users to use SGE, it
shouldn't be possible to add any node. The pvm slaves are started
with a qrsh, and only access to granted nodes is allowed this way.

-- Reuti