[GE users] cpu time limits

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri May 18 11:25:54 BST 2007

Am 18.05.2007 um 11:56 schrieb Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM:

> Hi Gerd,
>
> On Wed, 16 May 2007, Gerd Marquardt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> is it possible to define different cpu time limits per user. Now
>> we run SGE 6.1, and I try to solve the problem with the new
>> resource quota feature, but I have no success.
>
> it is true resource quotas were a nice way for setting per user cpu
> time limits. Until now resource quota limitations unfortunately do
> not yet influence job execution resource limits.

If the h_rt is set to FORCED in it's complex definition, then I can use:

$ qconf -srqs h_rt
{
    name         h_rt
    description  Limit the realtime for a user
    enabled      TRUE
    limit        users reuti to h_rt=3600
    limit        users {*} to h_rt=1800
}

If I submit:

$ qsub -l h_rt=5000 test.sh

I get for a qstat -j <jobid>:

scheduling info:            Job cannot run because exceeds limit in
rule h_rt/1

Jobs up to h_rt=3600 are accepted - so, seems working... - Reuti