[GE users] qrsh -V

SLIM H.A. h.a.slim at durham.ac.uk
Fri May 18 15:23:27 BST 2007

> > I used the howto to set up pvm for loose integration. I am using a
> > command like
> >
> > qsub -q devmyri.q -pe pvm 2 tester_loose.csh
> >
> > for batch jobs. In the tester_loose.csh script I added lines like
> >
> > setenv PVM_PATH `pwd`
> >
> > #$ -v PVM_PATH
>
> Would something like:
>
> qrsh -q devmyri.q -pe pvm 2 "export PVM_PATH=$PVM_PATH; my_pvm_prog"
>
> work for you?

I tried

qrsh -q devmyri.q -pe pvm 2 "setenv PVM_PATH $PVM_PATH ; echo $PVM_PATH
; hello"

and

qrsh -q devmyri.q -pe pvm 2 -V "setenv PVM_PATH $PVM_PATH ; echo
$PVM_PATH ; hello"

(I am using csh).

Both ran the copies of hello and hello_other in my home directory, not
the copies in PVM_PATH although it had the correct value. When does -V
have an effect?

Thanks

Henk