[GE users] Limiting Core use help

Fernando Silva silvaf at sdsc.edu
Sun May 20 08:01:29 BST 2007

I trust this is the right place to ask, so here goes.  My company is using Sun Grid engine 6.0 and we are wanting to limit the number of cores a user can use per node.  Our machines had 4 cores per node, but to help manage the resources we want to limit one user per node and narrow that down further so the user can only use one core within that node.  Is this possible?  If so how might we go about doing so?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give on this issue.