[GE users] permissions

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 21 22:31:26 BST 2007

Hi,

Am 21.05.2007 um 17:17 schrieb William Knebel:

> We would like all output files from completed jobs sent to sge to get
> assigned permissions of u=rw, g=rw, o=r.  We are running SGE6 on
> NetBSD AMD64. Is there an appropriate place to set the umask in one of
> the daemon (sgeexeced, sgemaster, etc.) startup files to accomplish
> this? Wehn we run the same program outside of sge the output files are
> assigned the appropriate permissions. If I missed this in a manual
> somewhere, please point me in that direction and I will do the
> research. Otherwise, any ideas/help would be greatly appredciated.

for the stdout/-err files, the umask is compiled into SGE. For any
other outputfile it should be possible to change the umask in the a)
jobscript, b) a starter_method for the jobscript or c) in the profile
of each node/personal .bashrc if the first lines of the shell script
includes a "-l", so that these are honored.

Another option: a queue epilog for changing the permissions of these
files.