[GE users] starting qlicserver from an init script

Glenn Johnson gjohnson at srrc.ars.usda.gov
Tue May 22 05:55:43 BST 2007

I have my qlicserver set up as per the URL:

http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Olesen-FLEXlm-Integration

Everything is working as it should (after some editing) except for one thing. I would like to start the qlicserver from an init script rather than a loadsensor. However, when I start it from an init script with the '-d' flag, the process will not daemonize. If I start it from the command line it goes into deamon mode and updates at the designated interval. But from an init script, it just runs once (with the correct output) and then exits, as if the '-d' flag is not recognized. Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson