[GE users] failed install on Mac OS X

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 22 10:32:12 BST 2007

Am 22.05.2007 um 05:35 schrieb Brett W Grant:

> My setup is a private network with one head node and 94 dedicated
> compute
> nodes.  The cyrus server is on the head node, but I agree that this
> is a
> minor problem.
>
> The attempted install was 6.1 from the sunsource binaries.  I
> downloaded
> them last Monday.
>
> Am I to understand that the root account must be enabled on all the
> computers?  I know that another network of macs that I have access to
> doesn't have the root account enabled.  I think that it is running
> 6.0u7.
> I don't understand the sentence "Othewise we need in."  Perhaps a
> typo?

At least two typos - "Otherwise we need to enable it (the root
account)." As you stated, that it's working without root-account: by
default the sge_execd daemons must run as root, to switch to any
user. Can you please check, under which real and effective user it's
running in the other cluster?

-- Reuti