[GE users] environment variables in qrsh interactive shell

Chris Rudge chris.rudge at astro.le.ac.uk
Wed May 23 12:13:49 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 12:48 +0200, Reuti wrote:
> Am 23.05.2007 um 11:27 schrieb Chris Rudge:
>
> > I'm having trouble with SGE specific environment variables not
> > being set
> > in interactive qrsh sessions. My assumption is that a qrsh login
> > should
>
> No.

OK, so it's not a bug or incorrect setup. Any particular reason for
making SGE operate this way by default?

> You get a plain new shell with a plain qrsh. But you can try:
>
> qrsh bash -li

Yes, that seems to work, or for tcsh which most of our users default to:
	qrsh tcsh -i

Regards,
Chris

--
Dr Chris Rudge
chris.rudge at astro.le.ac.uk

UKAFF Facility Manager & Dept. Research Computing Manager
Dept of Physics & Astronomy
University of Leicester
LE1 7RH

web.  www.ukaff.ac.uk