[GE users] environment variables in qrsh interactive shell

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed May 23 13:26:34 BST 2007

Am 23.05.2007 um 13:13 schrieb Chris Rudge:

> On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 12:48 +0200, Reuti wrote:
>> Am 23.05.2007 um 11:27 schrieb Chris Rudge:
>>
>>> I'm having trouble with SGE specific environment variables not
>>> being set
>>> in interactive qrsh sessions. My assumption is that a qrsh login
>>> should
>>
>> No.
>
> OK, so it's not a bug or incorrect setup. Any particular reason for
> making SGE operate this way by default?

It's nothing that can be changed by SGE for now. The interactive qrsh
will use the default /usr/sbin/in.rlogind and start a shell like when
you login from remote to any machine. qrsh with a command is using
the SGE supplied rshd and qrsh_starter, hence knows about the variables.

Just have a look at a "ps -e f" (note the f without dash), and you'll
see the difference.

But it was just recently on the list, that there will be better
invocation for interactive jobs in the future.

-- Reuti