[GE users] Job priority

Brian Pontz bpontz at ll.mit.edu
Wed May 23 19:40:59 BST 2007

I'm in testing stages at this point. Basically I wrote a test script
that has a loop and qsub's 500 of the same jobs.

for i in `seq 1 500`; do
        PRIO=`perl -e 'srand; $foo=int(rand(1024)); print $foo'`
	qsub -p $PRIO -cwd  -o /dev/null -e /dev/null /home/user/test.sh

done

test.sh is basically a shell script that sleeps for random amounts of
time between 10 and 300 seconds. The amount of slots available is about
25.

Brian