[GE users] benchmark configuration

Milo stinger at rogers.com
Wed May 23 20:32:22 BST 2007

Yeah, I've done that, and what you said holds true. I just figured there
might have been something I could do to further reduce SGE's system load
(not just for the benchmarking, but for production use). Remember, on these
legacy PII 400MHz nodes with very little RAM, a small change could have
noticeable affects on end user job performance.

"You are using SharcNET... interesting. :D"
-- Well... working for SharcNET on a mobile cluster using Apple boxes.
Something to lug around to conferences and seminars, even high schools and
such, to demonstrate parallel computing. I'm just playing around with these
old PII's until Apple and the SharcNET administration finish arguing about
certain aspects of the project.

-Milo