[GE users] manipulating resources

Dave Love david.love at manchester.ac.uk
Thu May 24 16:22:48 BST 2007

Daniel Templeton <Dan.Templeton at Sun.COM> writes:

> This is the domain of Hedeby (http://hedeby.sunsource.net/),

I wasn't sure I understood its application when I looked at it before,
but it certainly seems heavyweight for this job...

> If you're really creative, you could set up two dummy
> queues and use their suspend and resume methods to start and stop
> servers.  I've done that before with an app server cluster.

Could you explain how that helps?  You can't suspend and resume on
demand, can you?

> Another alternative would be to use a third-party monitoring tool.

I'd have to script for the head anyway, so it might as well be all
done there.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've hacked something up, anyhow.