[GE users] Can't connect to shepherd error

Fred Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Fri May 25 15:59:51 BST 2007

Heywood, Todd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a gid_range of 20000-20100, and allow only 4 jobs per node.
>
> Does the execd look for an unused add_grp_id locally, or does it need to
> contact the master host? My guess is that this error is a function of
> certain loads on the cluster.

The range is meant to be per node/execd, however, having had a quick
look at the source code, it may actually be per cluster. Perhaps someone
from dev team can confirm :)

If you are able to extend the range, then it may well be worth a shot.
It should take effect immediately.

BTW, you don't have loads of suspended jobs on the node, do you?

Cheers
f.