[GE users] Array jobs - Dynamic hostname resource?

Daire Byrne Daire.Byrne at framestore-cfc.com
Fri May 25 16:50:08 BST 2007

As you can only set a common overall hard resource for all tasks can anybody think of a good way to specify individual hosts for each task? ie something like:

  qsub << END
  #!/bin/sh

  SERVERS=( host1 host2 host3 )
  ((SERVER_INDEX = \$SGE_TASK_ID - 1))

  #\$ -l hostname=\${SERVERS_BACKUP[\$SERVER_INDEX]}

  echo hostname

I know the above won't work as the -l stuff is only interpreted at submit time but hopefully it illustrates what I'm trying to do. I'd prefer use array tasks but if its not possible I can probably use individual jobs.

Cheers,

Daire