[GE users] creating a Master queue

Milo stinger at rogers.com
Mon May 28 21:22:30 BST 2007

Thanks Reuti, re-read the post you made earlier and fiddled with some stuff
until I got it working. I do have one more question tho.
What is the relationship between the -machinefile argument to mpirun within
my run script and the queue's SGE assigns the job to?  It seems the node
names I have defines in the machines file don't really make a difference,
SGE chooses available nodes of its choosing according to some algorithm.
Yet, without the -machinefile argument and an appropriate node file, the job
doesn't run.
The problem I foresee in the future is not knowing which names to put in my
machines file since I wont know what nodes will be available when the job
reaches its time to run.

-Milo