[GE users] SGE 5.3 client compatible with SGE 6.0?

Dennis Williams dennis.williams at bjss.co.uk
Tue May 29 16:21:35 BST 2007

Hello,

I'm new to the Sun Grid Engine and would like to know if it is possible for a SGE 5.3 client (machine running the Submit Host) to submit jobs to a SGE 6.0 cluster (Master Host).

I realise that the communication mechanism for SGE 6.0 has reportedly been redesigned, but I'm wondering if it is backwards compatible.

Please advise

Dennis

BJSS Limited, 1st Floor Coronet House, Queen Street, Leeds LS1 2TW.
Registered in England with company number 2777575.
http://www.bjss.co.uk