[GE users] Where to locate executables and libraries

Atle Rudshaug atle.rudshaug at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 09:28:20 GMT 2007

Hi!

The program I am executing consists of an executable (~20MB) and 3
libraries (~2MB). The program is still under developement so the libs
and executable would need to be updated now and then.

What is the best way to handle the location of these files? Is there
some way to automatically transfer all needed files to the execution
hosts (like Condors transfer_input_files)?

Or must the executable and libraries be located in the same path on
all execution hosts? Should they be put on NFS? I tried that but must
the libraries are still not found even if they are located next to the
executable in the NFS folder. Do I have to compile the executable with
paths to the libraries in NFS?

How much network traffic will this cause on the NFS server when, say,
1000 jobs want to access the executable. The jobs are between 2-20
seconds long by the way.

- Atle