[GE users] Help: How to know running time

Amy Lee openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 13:42:24 GMT 2007

Reuti wrote:
> Am 31.10.2007 um 11:21 schrieb Lee Amy:
>
>> 2007/10/30, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>: Am 30.10.2007 um
>> 13:30 schrieb Lee Amy:
>>
>> > Is there any way to know what the job running time is when using
>> > SGE? I suppose that this function would like the command "time" in
>> > Linux.
>> >
>> > Thank you very much~
>>
>> You might have a look at: qacct -j <jobid>
>>
>> and its man page.
>>
>> -- Reuti

>> Thank your reply. And I use "qstat" to show the job id, then use
>> "qacct -j 15", it says that cannot find job id 15. So what's the
>> correct usage to "qacct -j"?
>
> The qacct it only updated *after* the job finished. Otherwise there is
> an usage line in qstat -j <jobid>.
>
> -- Reuti

Reuti,

Thank you very much. I've got the output of "qacct -j <jobid>, and I
will send it to you. I find two problems.

1. There are 3 time strings, qsub_time, start_time, end_time. Which
start time and end are useful? And I find that the qsub_time is in Thu
Jan  1 08:00:00 1970, why? I wann know running time, so I have to use
start time to minus end time, right?

2. I find that in different nodes, the start_time and end_time are
different. So how can I ensure the start time and end time?

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee