[GE users] Mac 10.5 client error

Barry McInnes Barry.J.Mcinnes at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 2 15:49:01 GMT 2007

we have 50+ 10.4 clients, and I am testing a 10.5 client.
The sge_execd startups OK, and the cluster can see the client is ready,
but on the client I get the following error "can't resolve group"

[mac27:/opt/n1ge6] bmcinnes% ps ax|grep sge
  523   ??  S<     0:00.88 /opt/n1ge6/bin/darwin-ppc/sge_execd
 1124 s000  R+     0:00.00 grep sge

[mac27:/opt/n1ge6] bmcinnes% qhost
critical error: can't resolve group
[mac27:/opt/n1ge6] bmcinnes% qsub -I

Unable to initialize environment because of error: can't resolve group
Exiting.
[mac27:/opt/n1ge6] bmcinnes%

Any ideas where to look ? I have set /etc/services, and the sge
directory is a central NFS mount, that is unchanged. The only change is
10.5.