AW: [GE users] Help: PE details

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:46:10 GMT 2007

With or without PE, SGE starts the parallel application, and that's
mostly all it does. SGE cannot change the scaling issues of your
parallel program.

However, there are 2 things that SGE can do a better job than a normal user:
1) SGE may be able to pick better machines, or better sets of machines
which have lower latency and/or higher bandwidth to communicate among
themselves.

2) SGE can adjust the process priority dynamically.

Rayson