[GE users] pe_slots issues

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Fri Nov 2 18:20:30 GMT 2007

On Friday 02 November 2007 13:10, John Coldrick wrote:
> 	Right, I removed the memory request and it still, unfortunately, behaves
> the same.

	Sorry, everything off the back burner!  Figured it out.  The behaviour
change(I believe it's a change AFAICT!) is that when I ask for our software
licensing, I request a single token, which is fine as it only uses one token
per machine and not per thread.  I suspect SGE 6.0 behaved the same by
default - asking for three slots on the same machine with $pe_slots meant it
only needed a single complex.  Now, it's multiplying by the number of
threads - the reason for the "magical" number 3?  That's the number of
complexes I had set those machines up to serve.

	Anyway, thanks Reuti for helping me eliminate the potential issues!

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada
"Life is too important to take seriously."
		-- Corky Siegel