[GE users] Help: Adjust priority dynamically in PE

Lee Amy openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 14:56:17 GMT 2007

2007/11/4, Rayson Ho <rayrayson at gmail.com>:

> Hi Amy,
>
> See "reprioritize_interval" in sched_conf(5).
>
> Rayson
>

> On Nov 4, 2007 1:11 AM, Amy Lee <openlinuxsource at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I know SGE can adjust processes priority dynamically. However, whether I
> > should enable some functions or nothing to open this feature? And if I
> > run a parallel program in a specific PE, I find that the priority is
> > always 0.55500. Can SGE adjust priority dynamically in PE? How to do
> that?
> >
> > Thank you very much~
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Amy Lee

> Thank you for reply. And I have read the manual, however I still have two
problems.
1.  I notice that there's a item called "ticket", and I know this function
in qmon window, but I don't use this feature at all and I just run one
parallel job when I submit job to SGE.

2.  As I mentioned, I just run one parallel job with a tight integration PE
by SGE. So I wonder whether the ticket strategy is useful for my job. I hope
SGE can adjust priority dynamically not only one job.

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee