[GE users] Apple Leopard has dtrace -- anyone used the SGE probes/scripts yet?

Tue Nov 6 10:07:42 GMT 2007

Hi Chris,

reason for the failure could be that our

    #pragma no_inline(spool_read_script, spool_delete_script)

is #ifdef'd for Solaris only. Without this #pragma the compiler
optimizes the code in a way that these functions can not be
found anymore - neither by dbx/gdb nor by dtrace.

Could you comment the spool_delete_script probe definition as to
verify this suspicion? Note, there could be other probes that
need to be commented, but at some point monitor.sh should work.

Regards,
Andreas

> grep no_inline $C | grep '#pragma'
daemons/qmaster/sge_c_gdi.c:#pragma no_inline(sge_c_gdi_permcheck, sge_c_gdi_trigger, sge_c_gdi_copy, sge_c_gdi_get,
sge_c_gdi_del, sge_c_gdi_mod, sge_c_gdi_add, sge_c_gdi_copy)
daemons/qmaster/sge_give_jobs.c:#pragma no_inline(spool_read_script, spool_delete_script)
daemons/qmaster/sge_job_qmaster.c:#pragma no_inline(spool_write_script)
daemons/qmaster/sge_qmaster_process_message.c:#pragma no_inline(do_gdi_request, do_c_ack, do_report_request)
libs/comm/cl_commlib.c:#pragma no_inline(cl_message_list_append_send, cl_message_list_remove_send,
cl_message_list_append_receive, cl_message_list_remove_receive)

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, Chris Dagdigian wrote:

> Interesting ...
>
> I did the root pivot from the admin account just to be sure but get the same
> error:
>
>> zareh:dtrace root# ./monitor.sh
>> dtrace: failed to compile script ./monitor.d: line 119: probe description
>> pid38427::spool_delete_script:entry does not match any probes
>> zareh:dtrace root#
>> zareh:dtrace root#
>> zareh:dtrace root# id
>> uid=0(root) gid=0(wheel)
>> groups=0(wheel),1(daemon),8(procview),2(kmem),29(certusers),3(sys),9(procmod),4(tty),20(staff),101(com.apple.access_screensharing),5(operator),80(admin)
>> zareh:dtrace root#
>>

> -Chris
>

> On Nov 2, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Daniel Templeton wrote:
>
>> That's the error I get on Solaris when I'm not root.
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> Chris Dagdigian wrote:
>>>
>>> No love the first time around:

>>> ... will keep debugging!