[GE users] job context and array tasks

Tue Nov 6 10:37:50 GMT 2007

Hi Mark,

I agree having no per task context is somewhat clunky. Nevertheless
I would argue against introducing one. Reason is that not yet running
array tasks are stored in memory-safing "unenrolled" mode where merely
the tasks id is kept in one of the jobs id range list. Introduction of
per task contexts would break this.

Regards,
Andreas

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Olesen, Mark wrote:

> I have been using the job context to maintain job state information (eg,
> restart, domain decomposition, etc). When I move to array tasks, I naturally
> only have this information per job rather than per task.
>
> One workaround would be to add something like this
>
>    qsub -sc restart.1=TRUE,restart.2=FALSE,...
>
> with extra task-specific variable names, but that seems a bit clunky.
>
> Has anyone come up with another means (normal or tricky) of having something
> like a task context rather than a job context (qsub -ac, -dc, -sc)?
>
> /mark
> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain
> legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information,
> or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON
> Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice
> serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined
> in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender
> and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
> or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this
> message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby
> notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
> of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this message in error, please
> immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
> message from your computer.

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]