[GE users] Invitation to talk about grid.org and Cluster Express at SC07

Steve Tuecke tuecke at univa.com
Thu Nov 8 16:37:09 GMT 2007

As you may be aware, there are new things brewing at Univa UD and the
grid.org web site.  Previously, grid.org was the home of a
philanthropic internet scale computing platform that was used to help
advance cancer research, drug design and public health. With the
advances in integrated open source software for cluster and grid
environments, including the release of our open source Cluster
Express 3.0 beta next week at SC based on Grid Engine and Globus,
Univa UD felt that it was time to direct grid.org towards a new
purpose: augmenting the existing open source communities with a site
oriented toward the integrated set of components that are required to
create an complete open source Grid and Cluster software stack.

We would very much like to have the opportunity next week at the SC
conference in Reno to tell you more about the plans for grid.org and
our open source Cluster Express product, discuss how they related to
the existing Globus, Grid Engine, and other open source software and
communities, get your input, and perhaps encourage you to
participate. While we are happy to talk to you at any time, Carl
Kesselman and I will be at the Univa UD booth (#381) on Tuesday and
Wednesday at 11AM and 1PM specifically for this purpose.

We hope to see you there and look forward to the chance to talk to
you about these exciting new activities.

Regards,
-Steve

--
Steve Tuecke
CTO and Co-founder
tuecke at univaud.com

Notice from Univa UD Postmaster:

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. This message has been content scanned by the Univa UD Tumbleweed MailGate.