[GE users] Querying available slots with a resource string

Brad Falch bradleyfalch at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 18:55:23 GMT 2007

Hello, All,

Please forgive this newbie question.  From the user perspective, is there a way to report the number of slots available on a Grid, given a particular resource string?  I'm hoping there is something built into SGE, but any suggestions for scripts are welcome.

I run distributed processing jobs on a cluster that is heterogeneous, and I only want to launch the job if a certain number of slots (all requested) are available.  I would also like to use this command interactively to see what is available and decide how many slots to use.  (I also don't want to wait for the job to start.  I do understand there is a way to submit so it only starts once all slots are available.)

Thanks,

Brad

http://mail.yahoo.com