[GE users] Querying available slots with a resource string

Thu Nov 8 22:38:21 GMT 2007

Brad,

Duh.  Reuti pointed that out to me, but I hadn't had enough coffee yet
to comprehend what he meant.  Yes.  Ignore my previous "helpful" advice.

qstat -f -l resource=value will show you the queues (including
free/total slots) with those resources, as well as all jobs running in
those queues and all pending jobs.  You'll have to parse out and sum up
the free slot count.  The -xml switch might make the output easier for
you to parse.

I can't come up with a simpler solution off the top of my head.

Daniel