[GE users] how define default queue

Fri Nov 9 15:34:46 GMT 2007

Jan,

It depends on our overall goals.  There are several approaches.  You
could, for example, associated a forced complex with all the other
queues, which would prevent jobs from landing in those queues unless
they explicitly ask for that resource.  (It's better to have your users
request a resource instead of a queue, because it gives you more freedom
as an administrator.)  Another option would be to change the
queue_sort_method in the scheduler configuration is "seq_no" and then
give all of the other queue a seqno of 1.  That tells the scheduler to
schedule first to your default queue (with the lowest sequence number,
since it's 0 by default) and then to the other queues when the default
is full or if a user specifically requests another queue.

Daniel