[GE users] Moving from "proof-of-concept" to "production" installation

GARDAIS Ionel Ionel.Gardais at tech-advantage.com
Fri Nov 9 16:04:05 GMT 2007

Hi folks,

it's been a year since we are testing SGE to manage our serial and parallel jobs.
As SGE meets most (not to say all) of our requirements, we will soon move from a "proof-of-concept" to a "production" installation.

I mean : we are using a mix of workstations and dedicated computers as exec nodes with a single master server, everything in the same network.
This is what I consider a "proof-of-concept" or "test" installation.

The futur installation will be made of dedicated nodes only, all connected to a dedicated switch, dual-powered (one on UPS not the other) and so on.
Master will be shadowed.
Nodes will have two network cards.
I plan to use different networks (not forwarded) : one for storage access (NetApp) and the other for MPI communication.

My question is : are there any known issues, common misconfigurations or common mistakes that you are aware of in this kind of setup ?

Thanks for your tips !
Ionel