[GE users] Moving from "proof-of-concept" to "production" installation

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Nov 9 16:30:04 GMT 2007

Hello,

This architecture you describe is a standard compute farm layout that
many of us use so there are no obvious issues that would be
showstoppers. Things to think about:

  - Getting forward and reverse DNS working properly before installing
  - Getting familiar with the host_alises file in case you need to
deal with issues caused by multiple network cards
  - Choosing the proper spooling type (classic vs. berkeley) although
with shadow masters and a NetApp you may already have decided to use
classic

I wrote up some pre-install stuff a long time ago that may be of some
interest:
http://gridengine.info/articles/2005/09/29/things-to-think-about-before-installing

Regards,
Chris