[GE users] Help with qrsh, SSH, and LDAP

Fri Nov 9 18:15:18 GMT 2007

Wow.  You've been busy. :)

The SGE_DEBUG_LEVEL variable is more easily set by sourcing the dl.[c]sh
script in the util directory and running "dl <n>", where n is a number
between 1 and 10.  The setting you're using is equivalent to dl 1.
Bigger n doesn't mean more data.  See my blog for more info:

http://blogs.sun.com/templedf/entry/using_debugging_output

The command and daemon settings can appear in two places.  If you set
them in the global host config (qconf -mconf), they will be inherited by
all execution daemons, unless those daemons have their own settings.  To
set a value for an individual host, regardless of what the global config
is, edit the host config (qconf -mconf hostname).  By default, hosts
override the qlogin and rlogin daemon settings.

The port thing is a red herring.  The way our qrsh works currently is
that both the client and the server open ports.  The server then
connects to the client's port to tell it where to find the server's
port.  It's complicated.  That will change with 6.2.

Daniel